Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone here use the i5-6600K?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering, how would the performance be? I currently have an i7-4700MQ (laptop) and my desktop has the i5-6600K, however, cannot use it until Christmas. 

How is the performance with an i5-6600K? I'm aiming to play Metroid Prime 3 again. With the 4700MQ I can reach 2.5x native and be between 40-60 most of the time, keeping in mind I have a GTX 765M. My new GPU is the GTX 970. 
You'll be fine on pretty much every game. Shader gen will still be a *slight* issue while it creates shader caches if it hasn't already, but after that it won't be a problem.
I'll be using Ishiiruka to help alleviate the problem, even though a few setbacks come with it, I cannot play Metroid Prime without it aha
Smile
Why can't you play it till christmas?
I would play Metroid in the dev builds and generate the shaders
Parents bought it, so I've no choice. The box is there but ugh, gotta wait.
GTX970 IS MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN GTX765M haha~~~
I can see why a good handful of devs avoid the forums. God damn.
(11-21-2015, 06:28 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see why a good handful of devs avoid the forums. God damn.

what is that?

i cant get u Huh
(11-21-2015, 06:28 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see why a good handful of devs avoid the forums. God damn.

seems like you have never seen the comment section of a youtube video....
I use a 6700K, close enough?
Pages: 1 2