Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Games Random Hang??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tommoose13

Hey, so I've been using dolphin for a while (since 3.5 pretty much) and never had many issues that weren't common, so I never felt the need to make an account.  Today I have a problem.  Recently I purchased a gaming laptop for running VMs at school, but it doubles well as it's title.  I installed dolphin 5.0 rc and was having issues playing some games.  There's major hanging left right and center.   Okay.  Uninstalled the program, removed all config files, reinstalled on 4.0.2.  Still hanging.
Particularly:

Mario kart wii: I can not select luigi, it hangs as soon as I press 'A'
As soon as I select kart and begin a race, it hangs right before the cutscene would play.  Sad

Brawl: In match random hangs

On my desktop pc (i5 4670k @ 4.5 GHz, 8GB RAM) I never had a single problem.

I have tried the following:

OpenGL/Direct3D and some options within each
DSP HLE/LLE

If anyone has any ideas on what to do, that would be very appreciated   Smile

EDIT: Laptop specs
core i7 4710HQ
16GB RAM
nvidia GTX 860m
Are these the same dumps you used before?
Also, try the dev-builds. They are more stable than 4.0(.x). 5.0-rc is dropped as far as i know because of features avilable in dev but not in 5.0-rc.

tommoose13

Yes they are the same dumps I was using before.
I have tried the dev builds, same issues Sad

Is it possibly a windows 10 issue? That's the only thing I could think of, as my desktop is still on win7, and the laptop is on 10.

Huh
Just to make sure that the dump isn't bad: Right click the game in the game list, select properties, go to Info, and click "Compute". Compare that MD5 checksum to one found on the internet.
There are some known issues with the intel GPU driver for windows 10, else no issues with w10 are known.