Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to make Dolphin launch different controller configurations depending on game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I launch my Dolphin games through Steam, Steam just points to a shortcut that I create.

I would like it so that when I click a specific game, Dolphin will launch with the correct controller configuration.

For example: I click Mario Kart Double Dash, and the Gamecube controller is set up.

I click on Wii Sports, and the Real Wii remote setting is chosen.

I know I can right click and select properties, but I don't see anything in there about inputs or controllers, just graphical settings.

I appreciate any assistance.
AFAIK you can't do that. You have to change the settings each time. About the only thing you could do would be to keep several Dolphin configuration files with a different controller profile in each one, then set up a script to copy and rename Dolphin's configuration file automatically to the one you want to use.

Sadly, there's no easy way to change memory cards, either. You have to manually edit Dolphin's configuration file or rename memory card files to switch between cards, too. Sad
You can specify a controller profile to use in a game's ini file, which will do exactly what OP wants.