Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gameplay Suddenly Very Laggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Altern881

It's been a couple of years since I've used Dolphin. Now that I have some spare time to mess about with it, I really wanted to see what type of enhancements have been made while I was gone. But I can't seem to get it to run even very simple games at playable speeds. I tried Resident Evil, which shouldn't be difficult to run with it's pre-rendered backgrounds. I even did a fresh install of Windows 7 with all up to date drivers, and it makes no difference. The weird thing is, I actually played even Wii games just fine the last time I tried. Do the newer versions of Dolphin simply require a more powerful PC, or is there something else wrong?
Your profile says you are still using 4.0.2. If this is true, please update to the latest development build.
Your Core 2 Duo at 3.0 Ghz is on the weak side to play things. The latest dev builds are much more optimized for speed than 4.0.2 but are also more accurate. You will probably see a speed boost of some sort.
You may want to consider updating your CPU if that doesn't help.

Altern881

Alright, upgraded to the newest version and it runs great. Difference is night and day. Thanks for the help!