Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Installer will not start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Sorry if someone already posted on this topic. I am trying to install the latest version of Dolphin, but the installer won't start (I click it and it does absolutely nothing). I've tried running it as admin. I've tried checking the permissions (special permissions is the only box not checked and it won't allow me to check it). I've tried updating my display card and processor. I've tried running it in safe mode so the antivirus/firewall doesn't interfere. I've tried turning the UAC off. I've tried running compatibility check. Nothing works.

If I say run as Admin, a message will come up asking me if I'm sure I want to do that, but after I click yes, nothing happens.

I am able to run the latest stable version and install it. However, the main issue is that I am trying to play Chamber of Secrets and the audio is immensely choppy. I've tried turning the sound off, but the videos still go slow and Harry runs/casts spells very slowly. I'm not really able to play it.

I've filled in all the information about my computer. I'm running Windows 10.
The Dev (and RC)-Builds does not include a (Windows) Installer. You just unpack them (they are 7z files, so they can extracted with eg. 7-Zip) and run the Dolphin.exe, done.

Have you installed the 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable? They are needed for newer builds.

Note: The Memory/Ram section of your profile does not mean your Hard-drive space, it means the RAM.. Um.. Like, they are like 4 GB, 8 GB etc..
(11-08-2015, 06:27 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]The Dev (and RC)-Builds does not include a (Windows) Installer. You just unpack them (they are 7z files, so they can extracted with eg. 7-Zip) and run the Dolphin.exe, done.

Have you installed the 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable? They are needed for newer builds.

Note: The Memory/Ram section of your profile does not mean your Hard-drive space, it means the RAM.. Um.. Like, they are like 4 GB, 8 GB etc..

You are awesome. The C++ fixed the problem. I downloaded that last week but I must have uninstalled it somehow, or it didn't follow over to Windows 10 when I updated. The exe opens now. As for the Ram, I just copied down what Crucial.com told me. This is from System Info:

Installed Physical 8 GB
Total Physical 7.91
Available Physical 5.59
Total Virtual 6.64
Available Virtual 6.64
Page file 1.24

But I don't see anything about a model or model number. Which one of those do I need to put in my info?
You have 8 GB of RAM.
Sorry to keep this going but I'm having issues running the game still.

Direct3D with XAudio2 - Runs perfectly until I start the game and then the video is super choppy
Direct3D with OpenAL Latency 3- Runs the best but it's like the music has been slowed down. I let the video go through to see how the gameplay would be, and it's like everything's slowed.

I don't care about playing with music as long as it's normal gameplay.

I did some research and people are saying in posts that OpenGL-Direct3D9 is the best, but when I select OpenGL it doesn't give any further options. So I'm guessing it's because they're using an older version, and now you can select Direct3D directly. But I have no idea what version of Direct3D that it is.

I haven't changed any of the other settings so they're at default.

Also, when I open it it says UseXFB/RealXFB are overridden by gameini
Direct3D9 was removed a very long time ago, now we only have Direct3D11 and OpenGL.

If the game and the music are slow, it's very likely that you're not running the game at full speed. Check the title bar of the window, it should have some information like VPS and FPS.
(11-08-2015, 07:37 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Direct3D9 was removed a very long time ago, now we only have Direct3D11 and OpenGL.

If the game and the music are slow, it's very likely that you're not running the game at full speed. Check the title bar of the window, it should have some information like VPS and FPS.

Thanks for your reply. FPS is 60, VPS is 60 - 100%

I changed my settings to:
Internal Resolution: Native (640x528)
Anti-Aliasing: 2x
Skip EFB Access from CPU
Enabling XFB doesn't seem to change anything

Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
JIT Recompiler
DSP HLE emulation (tried LLE and it's slower)

Not sure if I have to set Gamecube SP1

EDIT: When I start a new game it goes down to 55% and FPS/VPS are in the 30s
Frame Skipping 2 worked wonders. Problem fixed. Thanks Smile