Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and 21:9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I just picked up a 21:9 monitor and was wondering if there was any games/settings combos in dolphin that supported running at a 21:9 resolution (2560x1080)? I know a few games have AR codes that can turn off culling and there has been some work in Dolphin to increase viewing area for VR  not sure if you guys have anything built in for it though.
The only built-in thing is the widescreen hack, which will not handle culling correctly on its own.
(11-07-2015, 11:28 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The only built-in thing is the widescreen hack, which will not handle culling correctly on its own.

So the widescreen hack can extend itself to 21:9 with no special intervention? (obviously with culling being an issue)
I think it automatically will use the aspect ratio of your screen (or your window if you aren't using fullscreen).
Alright I'll have to try it when I get a chance. Do you know off hand any AR codes that disable culling or a place where I could find a list of games I could do this with?
(11-07-2015, 11:45 PM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know off hand any AR codes that disable culling or a place where I could find a list of games I could do this with?

Look there: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...aster-list
But most Widescreen codes are made for 16:9..
In the Reddit-Link (DolphinVRcullin) you might find codes that disables culling completely, wich works with any aspect ratio but is very(, very) slow.
(11-08-2015, 01:03 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2015, 11:45 PM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know off hand any AR codes that disable culling or a place where I could find a list of games I could do this with?

Look there: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...aster-list
But most Widescreen codes are made for 16:9..
In the Reddit-Link (DolphinVRcullin) you might find codes that disables culling completely, wich works with any aspect ratio but is very(, very) slow.

Dang I only own like one of those games lol.
Well, in most cases, if the game already has an AR Code for 16:9, just messing with its values is sufficient to get other aspect ratios...
So in case anyone was wondering it works find with aspect ration set to "Fit to Window"

and

Full Screen resolution set to my 2560x1080

Spoiler:
Only issues are obviousl 1. HUD and 2. Culling I can watch things pop onto my screen lol
Pages: 1 2