Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to save to Memory Slot B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I get a game to save to Memory Slot B instead of Memory Slot A> I am playing Zoids Battle Legends and Want to make a copy of my save file in Memory Slot A to Memory Slot B so both players can use all the Zoids.
You can't save to slot B. You need to copy the save from card A to card B in the memcard manager (this is also the case on the real hardware...) But just make a copy of your memcard A instead, it's much simpler.
(09-19-2009, 07:31 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]You can't save to slot B. You need to copy the save from card A to card B in the memcard manager (this is also the case on the real hardware...) But just make a copy of your memcard A instead, it's much simpler.

What should the copy be called I have tried just changing the A to a B on the file name but it doesn't work.
(09-19-2009, 07:56 PM)tomthug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2009, 07:31 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]You can't save to slot B. You need to copy the save from card A to card B in the memcard manager (this is also the case on the real hardware...) But just make a copy of your memcard A instead, it's much simpler.

What should the copy be called I have tried just changing the A to a B on the file name but it doesn't work.
odd, should work
just copy the save then using the memory card mananger
Just make a folder called "backup" or something like that and make a copy of memorycardA. Except for the file name, there shouldn't be a difference between memorycardA and B, the memorycardB is actually pretty pointless in Dolphin. It's only really convenient for making backups on the real GC/wii.
It is still not working the paths are right but it still says that the wrong device is on slot B, please insert a memory card
Import save using memory card manager (in "Tools" dropdown menu)
(09-20-2009, 04:07 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Import save using memory card manager (in "Tools" dropdown menu)

It still says there is nothing there and the paths are right

some games allow saving to slot B, but most only look for slot A
By the looks of it the game doesn't seem to recognise the memory card in slot B anyway of fixing this