Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker optimal Config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i have the new version of the Dolphin Emulator (v4.0) and I'm trying to play TLoZ WW on my PC.

In the mainmenu i got ~30 - 40 FPS and ingame ~10 - 20 FPS. Does anyone know the perfectly config for this game to play it smooth on my pc?

Specs:

Graphic: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 - 4x3 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

Thanks for answers!
Get either the 5.0-rc build or one of the latest dev builds, as 4.0 stable is old and buggy. Then under the game's properties, enable the Hyrule Speed patch
Thanks but I got with these versions mouse issues. My mouse stops working when these Programs begins to start.. Dolphin v4.0 hasn't problem with my mouse btw..
(11-01-2015, 05:45 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Then under the game's properties, enable the Hyrule Speed patch

That won't work. This is WW, not TP.

(11-01-2015, 06:15 AM)justin20020 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks but I got with these versions mouse issues. My mouse stops working when these Programs begins to start.. Dolphin v4.0 hasn't problem with my mouse btw..

If Direct Connect is enabled in Dolphin's controller settings in the newer versions, disable it.
Whoops, don't know why I thought WW was TP
It was already disabled..
Are you using the OpenGL or D3D backed? Is your Framelimit set to auto? Do you have your Audio set to HLE?
I'm using Directx3D9

Framelimit is on 60

Audio is on LLE. If it's on HLE, the FPS drops down
Set framelimit to auto. There is very rarely a reason to set it to anything else.

Also, try the latest official development release. I know you have an old card but our Direct3D backend should work with it, since it does support DirectX 10. AFAIK our D3D backend just uses bits from D3D11 if it's available.

4.0 is hardly the latest version of Dolphin. It's two years old. It's also below the development builds, which is never older than a few days. Meaning, you really had to go scrolling through that download page Past the 5.0 RCs, and the development releases to get to the two year old build that is 4.0.2

Don't use 4.0. It's garbage and doesn't have any of the huge optimizations that 5.0 has, or any of the even bigger optimizations that the dev releases have that not even 5.0 has.
(11-01-2015, 09:40 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, try the latest official development release. I know you have an old card but our Direct3D backend should work with it, since it does support DirectX 10. AFAIK our D3D backend just uses bits from D3D11 if it's available.

4.0 is hardly the latest version of Dolphin. It's two years old. It's also below the development builds, which is never older than a few days. Meaning, you really had to go scrolling through that download page Past the 5.0 RCs, and the development releases to get to the two year old build that is 4.0.2

Don't use 4.0. It's garbage and doesn't have any of the huge optimizations that 5.0 has, or any of the even bigger optimizations that the dev releases have that not even 5.0 has.

And what about the mouse not working? I'm all for not using 4.0, but it's hard if a problem like that occurs.
Pages: 1 2