Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extremely weird netplay behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DarkKaine

Hey everyone!

Hope someone here can help me out. Been pulling my hair out for the last week trying to solve an issue that came out of nowhere.
I like smash. A lot. I've been playing people on Anther's Ladder for a while now and everything always worked beautifully.
However since last week playing online has been troublesome. Nothing changed in my setup as far as I know so it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause.
Here's what happens:

1) Find player on Anther's Ladder, exchange ID's for a traversal connection.
2) Connect to player. Everything still working as expected.
3) Start game (doesn't matter which). White screen.
4) HDD activity LED goes up (as if it's waiting for a drive to spin up, this is however not the case).
5) About 30 seconds pass, the game now either starts or I get a message saying "Connection to server lost". If the game somehow starts without getting disconnected it works perfectly fine.

The odd part here is that the slow loading never occurs when playing offline. I have redownloaded Dolphin many times, made sure to delete the Dolphin folder in my documents to reset the settings and even went as far to create a portable version. Nothing fixes this issue. I noticed that starting Dolphin can also take like 5 seconds sometimes instead of opening instantly, tho I'm not sure if it is related. I did a full memtest and also checked my hard drives for any issues but everything turned out to be fine. I have also disabled windows firewall and defender to make sure they weren't the cause. The firewall in my router is also off. What the hell is going on here?

Specs:

Core i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz
8GB DDR3
NVidia GeForce GTX 560 TI
Windows 10
Dolphin 4.0-7840-x64