Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: global save file location not changing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tendou10

Hi It's been some time since I use dolphin so much has changed and I really like it.

The changed on the global directory is awesome but I have a little bit of an issue. I changed the location of "My document" folder to one of my drive as my C: drive is running low on space and since I use savestate a lot it consumes a fair amount of disk space.

Following the instruction on this link https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...ry_Editing I managed to point it the proper path (settings, texture etc) except the save files. When I checked the save location by right clicking a game it's still pointing at C:\%userprofile\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\ not the new path.

I know save file doesn't consume that much space but I'm afraid I might forget that the save files is still located in C: drive then I reformatted the drive.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Whoops, this should be in support. *waves her magic moderator wand* And now it is!

Can you show us the registry file you created?

Oh, also, you shouldn't rely on savestates, they don't work between revisions and can fail randomly. Savestates are hard on a console as complex as the GC and Wii!

Tendou10

Sorry about that and thanks for relocating this thread to the proper place.

Here's a screenshot of the registry.

[Image: ke8707.png]

If I add "user"/%userprofile% as inidcated on the guide it will not detect the path and the settings will not load.

I use savestate as form of quick save only. I still save normally one of the reason I want to fix the save folder location.
First of all make sure to follow this part of the guide - https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont..._Directory

Anyway, the global config registry setting you set up seems ok. There may be some left over path configuration though. It *should* update all of this but apparently it isn't...

Go to your config > paths tab, and select the wii NAND path, and route it to the new location of your wii folder. That should do it.

Tendou10

That did it!

Thanks a lot MaJoR.