Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do I have a capable PC?/Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to run the Xenoblade Chronicles HD Texture pack or some other games at a higher resolution. Is my pc capable? Any small purchase suggestions you may have?

Intel® Pentium® CPU G645 @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB (7.40GB) usable
System 64 Bit
Windows 10 Pro

thanks for any feedback.
Your clock speed is okay but that integrated GPU is very old, very Intel, and very slow.

While Dolphin doesn't need much from the GPU, that's really going to hurt you.

Xenoblade is also not an easy game to emulate. On top of that you're piling on an HD texture pack, making it harder.

Try using the latest development release, set the internal resolution to 1x/native.
(10-23-2015, 03:14 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Your clock speed is okay but that integrated GPU is very old, very Intel, and very slow.

While Dolphin doesn't need much from the GPU, that's really going to hurt you.

Xenoblade is also not an easy game to emulate. On top of that you're piling on an HD texture pack, making it harder.

Try using the latest development release, set the internal resolution to 1x/native.

Ahh ok, what type of GPU do you recommend for my sort of computer? For HD gaming that is.

I tried and didn't get a good result.
(11-12-2015, 03:04 AM)Nakasu Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh ok, what type of GPU do you recommend for my sort of computer? For HD gaming that is.

If you want to get by for as cheap as possible, a GTX 750 Ti would get you running at 1080p. If you want something a bit more capable (also good for pc gaming), something like a GTX 960 or a R9 380 would be a solid bet. But just for a good Dolphin experience, the 750 Ti should be more than good enough.
(11-12-2015, 04:11 AM)ENAI Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2015, 03:04 AM)Nakasu Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh ok, what type of GPU do you recommend for my sort of computer? For HD gaming that is.

If you want to get by for as cheap as possible, a GTX 750 Ti would get you running at 1080p. If you want something a bit more capable (also good for pc gaming), something like a GTX 960 or a R9 380 would be a solid bet. But just for a good Dolphin experience, the 750 Ti should be more than good enough.

Would I get solid frames using the GTX 750 Ti? And is that guaranteed 1080p with no lag on Xenoblade?
Unlike in native pc games, what affects your fps in Dolphin the most is the CPU. What the GPU does is simply allow for more advanced effects and higher resolutions to be shown. It's kind of hard to explain here, so check out the Dolphin FAQ page for more in depth info: (https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/)

So no, a 750 Ti doesn't guarantee no lag because that's all up to the CPU, but 1080p should be more than doable. A new graphics card will not improve the current emulation speed, but it will make the game look better.
change your gcard immediately ^_^