Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recent Dolphin Builds/Shared2 Folder SDcard compatibility.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cmosticus

I'm having a problem with recent builds of Dolphin. So, I've been doing Project M related SD Card modifications for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I was using a very old dolphin version ( I had it for around a year, I never updated it due to laziness ) but I had a problem after installing this modification. "Ended up above 2GB" was a plague for me and friends because after every match we would have to restart the entire game, the way to fix this was updating my Dolphin.
And so I did. Now it doesn't know what an SD card is. No matter what, my "Wii" folder, in user/documents/dolphin is almost empty,
only having a "shared2" folder in it. Putting the SD.raw file inside "Wii" causes nothing and my gecko cannot pick it up.
Please help, I've been reinstalling and looking at versions since 10pm and it is now around 3 AM. I will die.

Latest version: 4.8046
(10-22-2015, 08:45 PM)cmosticus Wrote: [ -> ]No matter what, my "Wii" folder, in user/documents/dolphin is almost empty,
only having a "shared2" folder in it.

This is completely normal, this folder is where Wii saves are stocked (in fact, this is the NAND of the Wii). If you didn't import your saves from the older Dolphin, it's almost empty.

Did you check "insert SD card"?
Also, I recommend you to follow Smashboards guide and use their SD.raw and their custom GeckoOS : https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/...-sd-method
It's for netplay, but you can play offline as well.
Yay! They updated their guide to use the new netplay improvements

cmosticus

(10-22-2015, 09:53 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2015, 08:45 PM)cmosticus Wrote: [ -> ]No matter what, my "Wii" folder, in user/documents/dolphin is almost empty,
only having a "shared2" folder in it.

This is completely normal, this folder is where Wii saves are stocked (in fact, this is the NAND of the Wii). If you didn't import your saves from the older Dolphin, it's almost empty.

Did you check "insert SD card"?
Also, I recommend you to follow Smashboards guide and use their SD.raw and their custom GeckoOS : https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/...-sd-method
It's for netplay, but you can play offline as well.

Yeah, I pressed that little check, so that's the correct place, yes?
I'll see if it's the file's fault and do another reinstallation of mod and Dolphin. ( Its Brawl 4 All, btw. For accuracy )
I didn't really find a lot of mod guides, I mostly had to do those outdated videos and improve.
Thank you!

Edit: Did another reinstall, but just noticed. In the guide it says there will be a default sd.raw file in the dolphin directory, which still is not happening.
This may be sort of needy, can someone give me a picture of what their Wii folder looks like? I feel like I broke something.

cmosticus

Fixed it, thank you for telling me about Wii NAND roots. For some reason, everytime I installed Dolphin it wouldn't have a path for the NAND root.
So I gave it one, put the SD.raw in there, totally fixed all my problems. EVERY SINGLE INSTALLATION THOUGH.
Thank you Dr.House!