Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't build or install latest dolphin on Linux Mint 17.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

white_waluigi

I'm trying to get the latest version of dolphin running onm linux mint 17.1. I already tried the repository version, I tried building it and I tried installing the version from the main page.
Unfortunatly the latest version available in the repositories doesn't run very well and I can't get the latest one build or directly installed due to unavailable libaries.
Unfortunatly as it turns out Linux Mint 17.1 is still based on Ubuntu 14.04 and I don't really wanna have to install Ubuntu just for dolphin.
So is there a way to somehow still get it build on Linux Mint 17.1?
Can i get the required libraries somewhere else using new repositories?
Or is there a way to still somehow build the newest version on my System?
If not what is the latest version that I can download and build on Linux Mint 17.1?
(10-22-2015, 08:26 PM)white_waluigi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to get the latest version of dolphin running onm linux mint 17.1. I already tried the repository version, I tried building it and I tried installing the version from the main page.  
Unfortunatly the latest version available in the repositories doesn't run very well and I can't get the latest one build or directly installed due to unavailable libaries.  
Unfortunatly as it turns out Linux Mint 17.1 is still based on Ubuntu 14.04 and I don't really wanna have to install Ubuntu just for dolphin.  
So is there a way to somehow still get it build on Linux Mint 17.1?  
Can i get the required libraries somewhere else using new repositories?    
Or is there a way to still somehow build the newest version on my System?  
If not what is the latest version that I can download and build on Linux Mint 17.1?

I actually had the same problem as you did earlier today and just got it all set up a bit ago. All you have to do is follow the instructions on this page as if you were using Ubuntu 14.04 (since that's apparently what Mint 17 is based off of):
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._.28LTS.29

Install the PAA with the terminal commands as directed, then run the listed apt-get install command after that to get the dependencies you need. I did get some missing dependency notices when I tried to do the batch install the first time around, but to solve that you can keep trying to apt-get whatever it tells you that you're missing until you've filled in all the dependency holes. After that the batch command should work fine to install the rest of it.

Then after that you should be able to compile and install the latest Dolphin build, or perhaps a specific build of your choosing instead. For example, I followed this guide to install build 7840 for SSBM Netplay purposes:
https://www.smashladder.com/blogs/view/2...-for-linux
Or just compile dolphin on your own. It's basicly a combo of: git clone, cmake ., make, sudo make install
Maybe you need to install some development packages, but cmake will cry if library X is not installed, so you'll also need: sudo apt-get install X-dev