Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen flickering on screen transition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Xel

It's a very minor annoyance, but during screen transitions and loading screens, there's a barely noticeable white flickering. It doesn't always happen, and when it does it's pretty minor and not even enough to care about.

Some games however, Twilight Princess for example, has a rather extreme version of this, and I can't even leave the current map without inducing an instant headache.

I heard disabling AA fixes this, but did nothing.

I've been looking around for information about this but found nothing, so now I'm hoping somebody would know how to put an end to that flickering.

My settings are D3D, force 16:9, AA 8 sample (16), AF is 16x, and I'm using 4x native on this PC, and 8x on my other PC.
Every other setting has been left as-is.

OpenGL seems to remove it, but runs infinitely slower, and I have to knock down the IR a large amount to bring it back up to speed.

This PC is my gaming PC, so it's CPU is only an 8370E and pretty sad, because games rarely care about CPU, but that's why it's rocking multiple GPUs.
My rendering/work PC however, has an extremely powerful Xeon in it that laughs at emulation but isolated from my local server and networked harddrives, and does not have internet access (work reasons)

So if it's just a matter of D3D breaking it for x or y reason, I could redo my server and NAS so my strongest PC is on it. But that's a ton of work and may cause some issues with how my network is set up.

So if there's some way I can get this fixed on D3D, I would love you guys and you'd be my hero. Thanks in advance to anybody who has a solution for me, or a suggested action for finding a solution.

Also apologies if this thread's in the wrong place, Twilight Princess is the biggest problem, but it's not the only one, so I felt support board was the best place, and not the TP thread.
Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your GPUs.
Also note that Dolphin doesn't use more than one GPU, so it's only using one 290x.
Dolphin is a dual-core program that relies more heavily on the CPU than the GPU. This is why your Xeon runs better than the FX 8370E, because Intel has better single core performance.

Have you enabled the Hyrule Speed patch? Right click on Zelda TP, go to properties, and enable the patch. It will help with the map loading. Zelda TP is also a very CPU demanding game

Xel

The patch doesn't seem to have any effect on the game at all. Or at least, not within the intro section of the game. Still has the intense flickering issue.