Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will Dolphin support more consoles in the future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started to think, will Dolphin ever branch out to other game consoles as well? Like a 3DS emulator for example? Will there be another emulator made by the Dolphin-team? Is this confirmed already? I haven't heard anything about it, but it sure would've been cool! Smile
There are absolutely no plans for this. Some of the Dolphin developers do contribute to other emulators too, but don't expect any new emulators being made by the Dolphin team as a whole.
Well, there is actually a 3ds emulator called citra
(10-21-2015, 06:13 AM)SandyCheeks Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there is actually a 3ds emulator called citra

Yes but Citra is not being developed by the Dolphin team. That is a whole completely new team other than Neobrain whom contributed to Dolphin in the past.
Yuriks, linkmauve1 and Lioncash also work on Citra. Ector works on PPSSPP.

What people don't get is the nature of these open source projects. We don't make any money off of this. We don't do anything special to get these Developer tags. All we do is find coding fun and contribute code to Dolphin. There's no real "official Dolphin team". The Developer tags on the forums mostly means "We contributed a decent amount of code to dolphin and probably know a thing or two about the stuff we worked on".

Sure, there are people who work on Dolphin that aren't currently working on other projects, and there are people who used to work on Dolphin and don't anymore. But it's a bit weird to define "dolphin team"
technically, is it possible to see a wiiU emulator ?

[removed links]
I doubt with dolphin, but yes there are currently wiiu emus being worked on.