Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Default program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

5ully

I've been trying to set up my dolphin emulator as my a default program for my Wii and GC ISO's and it wont even show up in the program list then i try to set it up. Anyone know the reason why?
Alternatively, you could put all of your ISOs into one directory and set that folder as an ISO directory. Your games will then show up when you open Dolphin.

5ully

(10-20-2015, 12:34 PM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you could put all of your ISOs into one directory and set that folder as an ISO directory. Your games will then show up when you open Dolphin.
Yeah I've done that now, but my OCD is kicking in and they're accidentally set to adobe files... I just dont know why Dolphin cant be set as a default program.
Windows probably isn't aware of it, because Dolphin doesn't create registry entries on its own. You'd need to use the "Browse" function to select a program manually by going to the folder where you extracted Dolphin and selecting Dolphin.exe as the program you want to use to open ISO files. After that, Dolphin will always appear in the list of programs when you try to associate a specific extension with a specific program.
If you set a file association to Dolphin for ISO files, that will also cover ISO files that aren't games.