Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Maximiliaano

Hi guys, my name is Maximiliaano. I'm new here!

So since yesterday i've been using the dolphin emulator (version 4.0) on my Macbook Pro, but there is a problem. I was playing Zelda Twilight Princess, but when I play the actual game (ignore loading screens etc.) the framerate drops from 60 to round 20 and the speed from 100% to 60%. I've watched several tutorials on how to increase the speed and framerate and I did what has been told but it didn't work. I'm afraid that my laptop isn't good enough. But it runs other games well, so I have mixed feelings about this.

My specs:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, medio 2012)
CPU: 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

I hope that's enough information  Confused .

I hope there is someone that has an answer on my question.
BTW, sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.
Normally, my answer to this would be to update to the newest development version, enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties, and change DSP emulation to HLE if you aren't using HLE already. But since you have OS X with Intel HD, updating beyond 4.0.2 will probably lead to major graphical problems with things like water. Give it a try if you want to, and go back to the older version if the new one has too many problems.

By "runs other games well", do you mean PC games or emulated games? It's common to be able to run PC games well but not PS2/GC/Wii games, because of the extra power needed for emulation.

Maximiliaano

(10-20-2015, 02:02 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Normally, my answer to this would be to update to the newest development version, enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties, and change DSP emulation to HLE if you aren't using HLE already. But since you have OS X with Intel HD, updating beyond 4.0.2 will probably lead to major graphical problems with things like water. Give it a try if you want to, and go back to the older version if the new one has too many problems.

By "runs other games well", do you mean PC games or emulated games? It's common to be able to run PC games well but not PS2/GC/Wii games, because of the extra power needed for emulation.

Yeah I mean PC games. I already use HLE, and the Hyrule Field Speed Hack is only for Twilight Princess (if i'm right). I tried playing Wind Waker too, but the same thing was happening, so turning the Hyrule field speed hack on isn't the solution i guess.
But where lies the problem? In my configurations or my specs?
Try the latest dev build and see what happens. You may get graphical issues, you may not.
The best thing to do would be to install Windows on your Mac using Bootcamp
(10-20-2015, 02:02 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]But since you have OS X with Intel HD

IIRC those OSX + Intel issues are mostly on Sandy Bridge GPUs, so his HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge) should be fine. Try it.