Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Streaming Dolphin with OBS in fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

It's been a while, I downloaded the latest build of Dolphin and it works like a charm, thank you!

My problem is that when I've tried streaming Fatal Frame IV with OBS using window capture, I was unable to stream the game in fullscreen, as parts of the screen was missing / cut out. I tried changing the resolution, playing both in fullscreen and window, but nothing seemed to help (in fact, I made it worse). Some extra info: when I use D3D in Dolphin, I get a black screen, but OpenGL seems to work fine. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Looking forward to any ideas and suggestions, tank you in advance! Smile
Why not use Game Capture instead? Since you are playing in fullscreen I assume you don't have other elements you need to record, so Game Capture should work fine. I just tested it and it worked perfectly even if I start recording before launching the game and records through changing between fullscreen and windowed.

If you still have a problem with it being cut off you can try right-clicking the source and messing with the options for Position/Size, particularly you can try reset size or cropping and then fit to screen.
Have you tried the old OBS? I just tried it with the old (v0.656b) and the new (0.11.2 (Multiplattform)) version.
The new version wouldn't display anything.
The old version only could capture the OpenGL window perfectly.
Both using Game Capture.
Thanks for the replies so far! Smile

I'll try Game Capture then and also to check and change the Position/Size settings! I wanted to capture the windowed game because I only have one monitor and wanted to read the comments on my channel while playing.
@Neui, I'm actually still using the old OBS, so it's good to know that the newer version can't capture OpenGL. The old version captures the OpenGL window for me, but only partly. I'll play around with the settings suggested by TheMaster627. I'll let you know later if it worked out or not.
(10-19-2015, 11:06 PM)siklara Wrote: [ -> ]The old version captures the OpenGL window for me, but only partly.

Do you mean that the image goes outside the small red box? If yes, in the settings of the Game Capture, try to set the option below the Hotkey-box (Something with like resize to the screen, in german it is "Blid auf Bildschirmgröße strecken") and the image is in the red box, so it is easy to fill the entire screen.
(10-20-2015, 03:51 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2015, 11:06 PM)siklara Wrote: [ -> ]The old version captures the OpenGL window for me, but only partly.

Do you mean that the image goes outside the small red box? If yes, in the settings of the Game Capture, try to set the option below the Hotkey-box (Something with like resize to the screen, in german it is "Blid auf Bildschirmgröße strecken") and the image is in the red box, so it is easy to fill the entire screen.

Thanks, I tried it yesterday (I believe it's the "Stretch image to screen" option in English), but for some reason it doesn't do anything. It doesn't matter though, increasing the resolution more or less solved it.

Thank you again, everyone, using Game Capture is exactly what I needed and I can't believe it was something this trivial. Smile Yeah, I'm kind of new to streaming...
If D3D fullscreen recording sounds like your recording software has an issue with exclusive fullscreen. Try to disable it within our GPU configuration window.