Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low Video Settings, Lowest Resolution Quality For Slow Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wavetronz

Where are the options for low graphics? I don't mind having pixelated, low resolution so long as the game is playable. Any tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Laptop
Processor/CPU: Intel 2.4GHz 2020m
Video Card/GPU: Intel Onboard
Memory/RAM: 4gigs
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0.2
Game Trying To Play: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Emulation is typically more than ten times as expensive as running code natively. The computer has to do extra work to translate the instructions into something that it can run, and because it has to do so very quickly, it doesn't have time to work out the fastest way of doing it, instead effectively going for the first set of instructions it can think of that will definitely work.
Quote: I don't understand why my 2 year old laptop can't run a 14 year old game from 2001.
Haha , Does Dolphin look like a PC game to you ?
A PC game is designed to run directly on your PC . Emulator is totally different . You PC try to imitate the Wii/GC via emulator , it's like you create a virtual machine (VMware . For example , you run a windows 10 inside a windows 8 ) and run game inside it . You should be glad that you only need a PC that 300 times more powerful than the console
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#why-do...late-old-c
Using the integrated Intel GPU on a Pentium 2020M will probably be a painful experience. You should just keep all your settings at 1x, no enhancements.
Also, try out the latest dev builds or 5.0-rc as they're faster than 4.0.2. Or try the Ishiiruka branch.