Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me fix my problem...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after a while I haven't updated the emulator from 6 months ago. So I decided to try the newest version out and is giving me all kinds of problems. First is this warning message that always pops up saying do not force MSSA on the Dolphin driver. I don't even have it enabled... Next is no matter what game it is I get massive graphical glitching. All setting are on default (nothing changed) with OpenGL as the backend. Any idea why this is happening?

Specs

I5 3570 3.4
AMD R9 290
12GB DDR3

Edit 1: After further checking and trying to run older versions of the emulator that I knew worked fine for me before is still giving me problems. I ran another version and it told me my Geometry shader isn't working. I have a feeling the emulator doesn't support my card? I never had these problems with my older card, a 6950. I am also on the latest drivers as well for my card.
FWIW, AMD cards tend to work better with the Direct3D backend.

Anyways, can you try deleting the Config folder in (Your user) > Documents > Dolphin Emulator?

I just want to rule out any configuration issues due to jumping versions which can sometimes happen.

Also, do you have the latest 64 bit VS2015 runtimes correctly installed as detailed on the download page?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145
(10-14-2015, 11:51 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, AMD cards tend to work better with the Direct3D backend.

Anyways, can you try deleting the Config folder in (Your user) > Documents > Dolphin Emulator?

I just want to rule out any configuration issues due to jumping versions which can sometimes happen.

Also, do you have the latest 64 bit VS2015 runtimes correctly installed as detailed on the download page?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

Changing the backend fixed everything. It had had nothing to do with the config folder. As for the Redist files. I had to download them in order to run the emulator.

Thank you
I encountered another problem...

I thought I'll use my same topic and not make another one.

Everything was working fine and dandy until I tried to use a Widescreen patch code and then everything went to crap. I can run the emulator just fine but can't run any games. I get this error here when doing so.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dolphin.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 561be3a5
Fault Module Name: dxgi.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.2.9200.16492
Fault Module Timestamp: 50f30fbd
Exception Code: c0000096
Exception Offset: 000000000002b306
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 232b
Additional Information 2: 232b7ab34852d75fec9752220edd1d1c
Additional Information 3: 4fe7
Additional Information 4: 4fe70df0a44dbaf4bc0da8e604d4bc7b

I tried deleting the config and that did nothing. I also just tried reinstalling my drivers as well as I read somewhere that could be it but nothing.
Download the DirectX web updater to see if you're missing any files
(10-15-2015, 12:36 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Download the DirectX web updater to see if you're missing any files

I found it and downloaded it but it says that a newer version is installed and it ends the installation process.