Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New User, Should I even try to run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know almost nothing about what kind of computer/hardware is needed. Here are my specs:
[Image: c4c16ea530f2ebb2726d30ec2570e7aa.jpg]
I'm looking to play games such as Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm going to assume I'll need to get a USB Bluetooth dongle and sensor? If anyone could point me in the right direction (Amazon Links), I'd be grateful.
I heard Mayflash Dolphinbar would work with Dolphin . I have my own config so I don't need it
If you buy accessories for Dolphin , you will need to rely on luck
Not all wiimote , sensor bar , usb Bluetooth dongle work with Dolphin . IMO , over 80% of them don't work with Dolphin
Fake or 3th party wiimote will not work with Dolphin (In some rare case , you can find a working one though )
Original Wiimote that was made before Nintendo changed the model will work with Dolphin . For Example . Zelda SS limited edition Gold Wiimote is 100% compatible with Dolphin . Latest original wiimote is like 50%

I have : Zelda SS Gold Wiimote , Original Nintendo sersor bar (modified to USB type) , this USB dongle and this Toshiba BT driver
If you want to play Wii games reliably and you're on Windows, just get a Dolphinbar. If you buy this, go to mayflash's website and update the firmware for it. There's an important update that switches it off when a Wiimote isn't paired so it doesn't burn out

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wire...B00HZWEB74

Only 16 USD.

If you want to play GC games, theoretically any controller that Windows detects will work fine. If you don't have a real GC controller, a 360 controller is recommended.

If you do have a real GC controller, buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-...00RSXRLUE/

This will provide the most accurate setup. (Other GC adapters and 360 controllers don't emulate the analog sticks *entirely* accurately).

As for your system, you're fine to play most games out there in Dolphin with IR settings. I have a 770 and I was able to run Zelda: Twilight Princess at 3x IR with 4x SSAA without slowdowns.
(10-12-2015, 03:21 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard Mayflash Dolphinbar would work with Dolphin . I have my own config so I don't need it
If you buy accessories for Dolphin , you will need to rely on luck
Not all wiimote , sensor bar , usb Bluetooth dongle work with Dolphin . IMO , over 80% of them don't work with Dolphin
Fake or 3th party wiimote will not work with Dolphin (In some rare case , you can find a working one though )
Original Wiimote that was made before Nintendo changed the model will work with Dolphin . For Example . Zelda SS limited edition Gold Wiimote is 100% compatible with Dolphin . Latest original wiimote is like 50%

I have : Zelda SS Gold Wiimote , Original Nintendo sersor bar (modified to USB type) , this USB dongle and this Toshiba BT driver

I just so happen to have the Zelda SS Gold Wiimote! At least I wont have problems there...
(10-12-2015, 06:01 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to play Wii games reliably and you're on Windows, just get a Dolphinbar. If you buy this, go to mayflash's website and update the firmware for it. There's an important update that switches it off when a Wiimote isn't paired so it doesn't burn out

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wire...B00HZWEB74

Only 16 USD.

If you want to play GC games, theoretically any controller that Windows detects will work fine. If you don't have a real GC controller, a 360 controller is recommended.

If you do have a real GC controller, buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-...00RSXRLUE/

This will provide the most accurate setup. (Other GC adapters and 360 controllers don't emulate the analog sticks *entirely* accurately).

As for your system, you're fine to play most games out there in Dolphin with IR settings. I have a 770 and I was able to run Zelda: Twilight Princess at 3x IR with 4x SSAA without slowdowns.

I saw the dolphinbar, it looks promising. Noob question here, what are IR and SSAA settings? For example, could I get HD out of Skyward Sword?
IR is the internal resolution and SSAA is a type of anti-aliasing. 3x IR means running at three times the native resolution, which is more than enough for 1080p.
(10-12-2015, 10:15 PM)Jxrr Wrote: [ -> ]Noob question here, what are IR and SSAA settings? For example, could I get HD out of Skyward Sword?

Yes, that is what those options do.
one thing if you are using a 360 controller for gc games, turn up deadzones to around 30.
Thank you to everyone who answered my questions!
(10-13-2015, 12:36 AM)piccolo289 Wrote: [ -> ]one thing if you are using a 360 controller for gc games, turn up deadzones to around 30.

This isn't always necessary - mine used to all snap back to 3 or lower, but one of them in particular is starting to not zero properly. I think it's as much an issue with controllers ageing (even if they do it super fast sometimes) as it is the controllers being bad in the first place.
Pages: 1 2