Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any plans on emulating Wiimote speakers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any plans to emulating this feature?  As of now, with wiimote speaker data enabled, the sound from the wiimote is terrible and sounds nothing like it does using a real Wii.
Is this about emulated Wii Remotes or real Wii Remotes?
On Real Wiimotes. Emulated Wiimote Speaker data is really good now. Unfortunately, latency/bandwidth limitations on bluetooth (or timing bugs on Dolphin, depending on which dev you talk to) cause Real Wiimotes to struggle. There are no plans to enhance the feature currently.
You can make it output to your computer speakers, though, and it sounds pretty good there.
How do I do that?
I haven't tried this for a while but it should still work: first, enable speaker data, then choose a Hybrid Wiimote but leave all bindings blanked (including extension). You can then use your real wiimote while hearing the sounds from wiimote speaker coming from the computer (and you can control them using Speaker Pan option in the hybrid wiimote)...
... I had no idea that was an option and still refuse to believe it will work until I see it myself.
Doesn't work with hybrid wiimote. Dolphin doesn't recognize any of my inputs on a real wiimote.
Are you sure? I just tested Super Smash Bros Brawl with 4.0-7997 and the hybrid wiimote trick is working. The side effect now is hearing the sound both in wiimote (choppy and garbled) and in the system speakers (clean) at the same time (AFAIR that wasn't the case when the feature got implemented). Haven't tried this trick with an extension, though...
If you use the real wiimote and just go into the emulated wii settings and mute the audio there, it defaults into the main speakers.
Pages: 1 2