Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I don't know why Dolphin is slow on my build.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I was trying to emulate Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. From the first actual gameplay on, I get no more than 50%. Other games have problems too. Any ideas?
My build:
i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz
NVidia GTX 770 (drivers are up-to-date)
16GB RAM

I've tried with the latest stable, RC and dev builds. I'm getting low fps with even the lowest possible settings (1x, no AA or AF, all advanced options set to max performance)

Thanks in advance for any help you could offer.
What's your famelimit set to? it should be auto
Thanks for your response.
Frame limit is set to Auto, yes.
Try turning off vsync in graphics settings.
I did, still no more than 50%. What else could it be?
Thanks for your response.
You should post some screenshot bout your settings and while you're at it , verify your CPU and GPU clock speed by using Nvidia Inspector , realtemp to make sure no throttle in performance
Hey,

thanks for your response. Screenshots are attached. (in order: Settings screens, CPU while idle-ish, CPU with SHSM running (at < 50%), GPU while idle-ish, GPU with SHSM)
I really appreciate that you're trying to help me Smile
Increase your Internal Resolution setting up to 4x
In Nvidia Control Panel , add Dolphin to "high performance" . See if that could help your Nvidia card out of idle mode
Sometime , it's not a good idea to use lowest settings . My PC can max out all games at 4xIR , there is no way your PC can't
Thanks for your response. I tried both of those, still no more than 50% :/ No less than before either though.
(10-12-2015, 10:04 PM)CLX Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your response. I tried both of those, still no more than 50% :/ No less than before either though.

Does your motherboard switch between intel HD and your discrete GPU? it could be that the computer's defaulting to the iGPU... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2