Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Virtual Console] Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First i just wanted to say Dolphin is the best Emu out there Big Grin

I love playing with my son, it's the only emu i can connect with my old PS3 controller (which i prefer over the GameCube controller) and play old Nintendo games, on full screen on a second screen attached to my PC!

Since i'm revisiting some old games with my son, i was trying to have "Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure" working from Wii Ware emulation, i have a lot of games working as Wii Ware, including Super Mario 64, Sonic the hedgehog, Metal Slug and some others...

But this particular one, the audio is working great, but i have black screen coming up, changing the video settings i can get some kind of graphic, but it's either just portion of the screen with external frame buffer set to virtual, or just flashing with Texture Cache set to Safe, flashing i mean i will kinda see the game for an instant, but then it goes away again black screen or just gibberish graphics, i think the .wad file is good, and it's not something i'm doing wrong, all my other games are working fine!

Any settings that is known to work? The game is listed in the Wiki but it doesn't have a page, so i guess it's not been tested yet?

Is it possible to share the wad for testing purpose?

I have try a lot of different settings but nothing seems to work good enough to be playable, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I'm using Dolphin 4.0-7941

My computer

System : 64bit Windows 10
Graphic card : AMD Radeon HD 5700
RAM: 4GB
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90GHz
(10-07-2015, 06:13 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It needs safe texture cache and RealXFB set.  There's currently an aspect ratio bug in master, so I recommend using the RC branch.
With this settings on 5.0-rc-34 the game is still not playable, the graphics are very jumpy, it keeps flashing, different from master, maybe slightly better, but still unplayable, it alternates between in game ok graphic to outstretched portion of game, or just black screen.
In master it doesn't flash graphics, but i only see the very center of the screen, the rest is black, i think this is because of the aspect ratio you are talking about...

I guess i'll have to wait for the aspect ratio bug to be fixed...

Thank you so much for the help Smile
Are you using RealXFB in graphics settings and safe texture cache? I'm able to see the game 100% fine.
(10-07-2015, 08:33 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using RealXFB in graphics settings and safe texture cache?  I'm able to see the game 100% fine.

what version are you using?

i'm on 5.0-rc-34

video settings are attached, it does not work on opengl either
It might be a crazy idea, but if you have Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (which I think is available on the VC), you can acess the original Pitfall within that game, too. I don't know if it would work any better, but you never know. Tongue
(10-08-2015, 04:47 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]It might be a crazy idea, but if you have Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (which I think is available on the VC), you can acess the original Pitfall within that game, too. I don't know if it would work any better, but you never know. Tongue
The game that does not work is Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, i should change the post title...
I guess that idea won't work, then. Big Grin Out of curiosity, is the VC version based on the SNES or the Megasis release?
(10-08-2015, 10:11 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that idea won't work, then. Big Grin Out of curiosity, is the VC version based on the SNES or the Megasis release?

The VC version is based on the Sega Genesis code
i'm still able to play it just fine.
Pages: 1 2