Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nunchuk request in Wii games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to play Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario Galaxy. I finally made it past the usual controller issues and now i have a new one. The MPT and SMG both pop up with this message and the game stops. "Please connect nunchuk to controller 1." Now i've tried Alt-F5, configuring the controllers using a emulated wiimote and then using the classic configuration window. I even tried using a standard controller but i still get the same message. Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong? I am using two different controllers, one is steelseries usb controller in the fashion of a PS3 controller. and the other controller is a retrolink controller that looks like the old Gamecube controller. And yes i know about the problems withe the retrolink controllers. (i wish i had found out before i bought it Sad )

Also if need be i can post pictures of my controller configuration. I am also using Dolphin 4.0-7117
Did you set the extension to nunchuk?
(10-07-2015, 09:31 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you set the extension to nunchuk?

no the extension is set to classic.
Then set it to "nunchuk" to connect the nunchuk instead of the classic controller. (You may need to reconfigure your button assignments, I'm not sure)
Turns out that when a game asks for a specific Wiimote accessory, you should use the one it is asking for instead of a different one.
(10-08-2015, 04:49 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Then set it to "nunchuk" to connect the nunchuk instead of the classic controller. (You may need to reconfigure your button assignments, I'm not sure)

(10-08-2015, 05:09 AM)Sonicadvance1 Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out that when a game asks for a specific Wiimote accessory, you should use the one it is asking for instead of a different one.

I don't have a nunchuk. So any ideas?
Configure an emulated Nunchuk as an extension to an emulated Wiimote.
(10-08-2015, 07:01 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Configure an emulated Nunchuk as an extension to an emulated Wiimote.

how do i do that?
The same way as you configure a Classic Controller.
okay I am back for a moment and here is what happened. Dolphin 4.0 crashed so badly that it literally left me a message saying that it would crash from now on and thanks for trying. So i uninstalled Dolphin 4.0, rebooted the computer, and installed Dolphin 5.0-rc-34.

So when i go to configure my steelseries controller i find that Dolphin has already configured the controller for me. So i set things to emulated wiimote, then Nunchuk, then i configured the buttons tab and the Stick tab. I wasn't sure what else i should do i decided to start Metroid Prime Trilogy. Well the game actually gets to the menu screen and it seems the left control stick overcompensates and there is no exact movements, just broad ones. I figure i'll just live with it and start a new game since the controls still center pretty well. So I start MP1 and right after the loading screen i get the message that communications with the wiimote have been interrupted. So i hit alt-F5 and nothing happens, the message is still there on the screen. Hit Alt-F5 again, nothing. try to reset and get the same thing.

So where am i screwing up at and how do i fix this?