Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hiccups in games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive been using svn 2745, and ive been experiencing hiccups when playing some games like bloody roar and tatsunoko when executing flashy moves(supers, special moves), i tried unli. jit cache but it didnt help

is it my rig?

my specs

e7300 c2d 2.66ghz
geforce 9400gt 1gb
2gb ram
win xp sp2
isnt ur rig. i think

0u73rh34v3n

Im having the exact same problem, Its really annoying when pulling off a special move in tatsunoko cause it starts hicupping and jittering. I thought it was my rig too.

Asus Striker Extreme
Intel Q6600 Quad 2.4ghz
4gb Dominator DDR3
Nvidia 280gtx 1gb
1TB western digital
Windows 7 64bit
Seems to be problem of the game running on Dolphin.

0u73rh34v3n

The Dolphin team has done a great job so far with the emu and I hope they fix this problem with the next release of the emulator. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is the only game i wanna play on the emulator.
This is not game specific, it's a problem in nearly all games. Metroid Prime sequence breaking is incredibly hard to do when you can't time things just right because it hitches. It ALWAYS hitches when morphing/unmorphing or changing visors. Anytime there's a "flash" of light on the screen the game seems to hitch. This is also the point where the game complains about unknown memory pointers or whatever.

I think it will just get fixed as it becomes more optimized.

And once LLE gets emulated properly, I think a lot of the major problems will go away as well.
I wanted to do a thread with this problem as well but I didn't know how to describe it, yeah...hiccups is the best way to say it. I noticed that with some settings in the latest rv it gets better on Bloody Roar, but with Tatsunoko...still the same no matter what the settings are