Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about what version to download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I've been looking tru the forums and im still not sure what version of dolphin to download, so i wanted to ask directly to the community.
So what is best shall i go for the stable 4.0.2 version or the release 5.0 for a better and smooth emulation.

Hope you guys can give me some insight about this ^^

Cheers
Download the latest development or release candidate version, the stable builds are far too old, 5.0 though is just around the corner, hopefully.
Okay then ill use one of the latest dev builds waiting for the official release of the 5.0 Tongue
I recommend the dev releases.

The 5.0 RCs don't include any improvement implemented from I believe July onwards.
(10-07-2015, 03:56 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend the dev releases.

The 5.0 RCs don't include any improvement implemented from I believe July onwards.

When the 5.0 comes out from release candidate it will include the latest stable build or will still be outdated?

I am using atm the dev builds
The 5.0 stable release will be outdated the day it comes out. The improvements from the development builds made after June or so won't make it to a stable version until Dolphin 5.5 or 6.0, which won't come out any time soon, as it's not even on the horizon with 5.0 not being finished yet.