Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will a Q9650 run Dolphin emulating Gamceube games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You could see my specs in my profile,https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/User-vegetasupersayin.I am also replacing a pentium e5700 with a q9650.Do you guys think it's worth it?It's quite an old motherboard and an old PC(Vostro 230).I don't really want to go to Tom's Hardware,so I am asking you guys.Thanks.

P.S:The games I want to run: Pokemon XD:G.O.D.,Pokemon Colosseum,Super Mario Sunshine,and The Legend Of Zelda:The Wind Waker.  Big Grin
Do you mean the Q9650? There's no such thing as a Q9560 Tongue
Since they both have the same clock speed of 3.0 Ghz, the Q9650 will only give you a marginal improvement over the E5700 due to the fact that it can push the background processes to the extra cores. This means that in Dolphin you'll see an improvement of around 5 fps.
Try those games that you mentioned on the system as-is. If they run fine using the latest dev build or the 5.0-rc builds (which I think they should), then unless the Q9650 is really cheap, I wouldn't upgrade.
Xeons are very cheap. But need modification. I'm on Xeon E5440 (aka Q9550) @ 3.6GHz
Why not just buy G3258 ? It's twice as fast as e5700 at the same clock speed
At 4.6GHz , it kills any Core 2 Quad . Not to mention Dolphin is a dual core app , getting a quad core won't help
You would need to get a new motherboard with that, along with new DDR3 RAM. More expensive probably.
Can I close this?I'm building a new PC anyway,it's fine.