Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics card upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering. (My graphics card is quite mid-range...) How would a GTX 970M or 980M, from a GTX 765M do in terms of performance for dolphin? Processor will remain more or less the same. i7-4700MQ --> I7-6700HQ.
(10-03-2015, 02:25 AM)walfo1 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering. (My graphics card is quite mid-range...) How would a GTX 970M or 980M, from a GTX 765M do in terms of performance for dolphin? Processor will remain more or less the same. i7-4700MQ --> I7-6700HQ.

You can just try it. Set IR to 1x, disable AF, AA, per pixel lightning and anything else that is taxing for the gpu. And then steadily rise the settings and check how much slower it gets. If it doesn't get slower at all until you are at your desired settings, a new gpu would do exactly nothing for you.
Other than being able to raise the IR and turn on other graphical enhancements, probably nothing.
Skylake is still faster . Base on Anandtech's Dolphin Benchmark , i7 6770k @ 4.2GHz still performs better than i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz despite lower turbo boost frequency
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/1027
@OP I believe you will have 5->10FPS speed boost depending on the game