Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to optimize Laptop performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KingHass85

Hello there guys. I just purchased a gaming laptop and I have an odd situation where, all games run at 60 FPS while plugged in with my charger for it, but as soon as I unplug it, it goes down to 30 FPS I've changed my power settings to high performance, went into nvidia control panel and set dolphin to use my GTX960M on high performance, and still didn't work. My processor is a 5th gen i7 5700HQ at 2.7 GhZ. I plan on using dolphin to play every gamecube exclusive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Newer nVidia laptops cap the framerate of games at 30 when on battery power. This is sometimes a good idea for PC games, but emulators like running at the one framerate the game was designed for. This behaviour can be changed somewhere in either GeForce Experience of the nVidia Control Panel, but I don't know which.
(09-28-2015, 05:33 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Newer nVidia laptops cap the framerate of games at 30 when on battery power. This is sometimes a good idea for PC games, but emulators like running at the one framerate the game was designed for. This behaviour can be changed somewhere in either GeForce Experience of the nVidia Control Panel, but I don't know which.

You can download Nvidia inspector to also apply a custom profile to any game. (specifically dolphin)
i think you have to fiddle with nvidia power management settings and sometimes the hidden powermizer settings.