Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Water graphic killing framerate in Megaman X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Baht

This post refers to the version of Mega Man x that is part of the X collection for Gamecube.

Game runs absolutely fine using the default 4.0.2 settings except for when I try to enter octo launchers level.
The game runs in slow motion, basically half speed for the entire level except the boss hallway were there is no water, hence my thinking it's the water graphic causing something to freak out. sound remains unaffected by the speed decrease also.

Can't seem to find any mention of this sort of thing anywhere and the wiki makes no mention of it either. New to dolphin so there could easily be something I just missed, would appreciate any help from more knowledgeable users

running on:
AMD FX 8350 eight core 4.00GHz
Geforce gtx 970
8 GB RAM
Dolphin version 4.0.2
Could be related to your cpu, it is really slow for Dolphin, so most people are just not having a slowdown to sub 100%, just a slowdown to sub 200% speed. More importantly, update to the latest version and try again.