Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: throttlestop for my core i7 4710HQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. Dolphin seems to run fine with the latest dev however I can never get rid of the microsttutering no matter what settings and what game. With that said Ive read the laptop performancw on optimizing cpu. Just to be safe I want to know how can I use throttle stop for my gaming laptop. Its a core i7 4710HQ 2.5 ghz witj automatic turbo boost. Checked the temperature n clockspeed via realtemp. Its arounf 3.2 ghz to 3.3 ghz witj temps around 64-70 degree celcius while running games. Can I do anythimg to further improve it?
Microstuttering happens when Dolphin is building the shader cache. You can´t do anything but keep playing so the cache gets fully built up.
1. What games are you experiencing the stuttering on? (Metroid Prime series are deadly for their stuttering.)
2. Try the unofficial Ishiiruka build. (I've used it and, oh my god, I couldn't live without the Aysync Shader Compilation. Literally no stuttering on prime games whatsoever. It's brilliant.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...#pid386688

Try this build and see how you like it.

EDIT: (I have VERY similar specs to yours. Except that I have a 4700MQ and a 765M.
I concur, Ishiiruka + Metroid Prime = 0 stutters. Try the Ishiiruka builds with Async Shader Compilation enabled and see how that goes.
Ok Ill try it out there are certain unique features that are not available in the master build. What is the best recommendation for the smoothest gameplay e.g. Async + FIFO on or something else?
(09-26-2015, 06:44 PM)Inging17 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Ill try it out there are certain unique features that are not available in the master build. What is the best recommendation for the smoothest gameplay e.g. Async + FIFO on or something else?

Ishiiruka is already pretty rough on laptop CPU temperatures since it doesn't include a patch that prevents Dolphin from pegging a CPU core at 100%. FIFO is nice but increases CPU usage, so to keep temperatures reasonable I just use Async alone and call it a day.