Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why is this happening to me? :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The backend Direct3D doesnt work with first party nintendo games such as melee and luigi's mansion. However non nintendo games work perfectly with the same backend. With the direct3d backend it always crashes when ever i play first party nintendo games. Open Gl does work with melee and luigi's mansion but it's really slow. Can someone help.? :/

[Image: ER8qiDw.png]
Change these:
Graphics
General:
Fullscreen Resolution to Auto
Enhancements:
Internal Resolution to 1x
Hacks:
Ignore Format Changes
Store EFB Copies to Texture Only

Config
General:
Framelimit to auto

Go here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect and download the Intel Utility to make sure you have the latest Intel Drivers installed on your system.
I have got no idea about your direct3d problem, but for performance:
- Set internal resolution to 1x. In some games you might be able to up it to 2 or even 2.5x, but that depends on the game. If you set it too high, it's a major slowdown with a slow gpu like yours.
- Enable "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only". If the other mode is required for a game, it's either automatically enabled, or there's a note in the wiki explaining what exactly it is needed for.
- Enable "Skip EFB Access from cpu", same as above
- Enable "Ignore Format Changes"

Also set the framelimit to auto and leave it there, there's never a need to change it.

And why 320x240 Fullscreen Resolution? You should be able to set this to anything you want, because the resolution the gpu renders in is the internal resolution, and the output resolution barely impacts the performance at all. At least it does when using a real gpu, and using a fixed internal resolution setting(highly recommended).