Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Games - Slow Combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Doxxie

I've tried basically every combination of settings but whenever I enter combat on any Zelda game I have access to, it lags heavily during combat. For example in Twilight Princess, even just hitting a dummy I see frame skips though the FPS stays at 30 and VPS stays at 60 so I'm not sure why I'm seeing it. The same thing goes with WindWaker. I feel like my computer should be able to run these games as nothing else has even come close to lagging (Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario sunshine, Melee, Mariokart, Pokémon XD, etc.)

Specs:
Cpu: Intel Core i5 4200U @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz
Gpu: GeForce GT 740m
Ram: 8.00GB
Dolphin: 5.0-rc-27 (Though I've also tried the latest stable release)
This is my laptop by the way.
(09-23-2015, 10:10 AM)Doxxie Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried basically every combination of settings but whenever I enter combat on any Zelda game I have access to, it lags heavily during combat. For example in Twilight Princess, even just hitting a dummy I see frame skips though the FPS stays at 30 and VPS stays at 60 so I'm not sure why I'm seeing it. The same thing goes with WindWaker. I feel like my computer should be able to run these games as nothing else has even come close to lagging (Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario sunshine, Melee, Mariokart, Pokémon XD, etc.)

Specs:
Cpu: Intel Core i5 4200U @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz
Gpu: GeForce GT 740m
Ram: 8.00GB
Dolphin: 5.0-rc-27 (Though I've also tried the latest stable release)
This is my laptop by the way.

>Cpu: Intel Core i5 4200U @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz<
This is your problem.
Do you know what a bottleneck is?

Doxxie

Oh...I assumed my CPU would have been fine. Can't really replace it so I guess there's no other way to really play these Zelda games? Unless I try Overclocking it which is something I've never really looked in to
Umm, no. Zelda games tend to actually stop when your sword hits something. It's artistic or something. Unless you actually see the FPS/VPS drop, the actual game would do that on console. If you're seeing less frames than normal, look into vsync + exclusive fullscreen.
(09-23-2015, 11:36 AM)Doxxie Wrote: [ -> ]Oh...I assumed my CPU would have been fine. Can't really replace it so I guess there's no other way to really play these Zelda games? Unless I try Overclocking it which is something I've never really looked in to

You can't overclock a mobile ULV CPU. And even if you did you'll blow the CPU faster than Link can swing his sword at an enemy.
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2015, 11:36 AM)Doxxie Wrote: [ -> ]Oh...I assumed my CPU would have been fine. Can't really replace it so I guess there's no other way to really play these Zelda games? Unless I try Overclocking it which is something I've never really looked in to

You can't overclock a mobile ULV CPU. And even if you did you'll blow the CPU faster than Link can swing his sword at an enemy.

Well in this case, wouldn't that take quite some time, then?
(09-24-2015, 12:28 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well in this case, wouldn't that take quite some time, then?

Yes, it was a rhetorical comment. But it wouldn't hurt to experiment and see how long it takes before then if the OP would like to try it out.