Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recent Dolphin builds on Windows 10 give "missing msvcp140.dll" message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TboneH

I was struggling to get the latest Dolphin build working on my PC. On startup, I was getting two error messages, saying I was missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll. I went back into the version history and found the last working version to be 4.0-7526-x64. Incidentally, windows Defender finds 4.0-7528-x64 to be a trojan, so I never even got to try it since it would get deleted each time. I'm sure it's a false flag but that may be something worth looking in to. Anyways, I suspect that the offending update occurred with 4.0-7538-x64 due to the move to Visual Studio 2015. After some more digging I found that downloading the C++ redistributable found here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145) fixed the problem. This file is apparently not included in Windows Update for some reason, so I assume that many other Windows 10 users encountered the same problem. Just thought I'd put this up here to let the devs or anyone who is having this problem know.
[Image: n0WlfQi.png]

EDIT: Yes I know this text is hard to notice, I wish we didn't have to do this either. But we do.

TboneH

Damn, and I was feeling so smart for figuring it out! Little did I know I could have saved myself an 30 minutes if I had just read the page. If it's impossible to include it in the download, I'd suggest bolding the text. I'd say that a good portion of people (like me) just see the version and go straight for the big blue download button without reading anything else. It's a bad habit, but if I trust the site it's kind of an automatic behavior.
(09-22-2015, 03:52 PM)TboneH Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, and I was feeling so smart for figuring it out! Little did I know I could have saved myself an 30 minutes if I had just read the page. If it's impossible to include it in the download, I'd suggest bolding the text. I'd say that a good portion of people (like me) just see the version and go straight for the big blue download button without reading anything else. It's a bad habit, but if I trust the site it's kind of an automatic behavior.

It also helps to read through the forums.  Considering not to long ago a few other people had posted the same problem.  Big Grin
This is what I mean about making the text on the download page stand out more Tongue