Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker heat tearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot seem to get rid of the tearing in areas where there is alot of heat (ex: dragon's roost cavern). I have tried using AR codes 003F6B2A 00000000 and also 003FE32A 00000000 and both of them did nothing. I have also tried dx11, dx9, and opengl.. It does the same thing on all versions of dolphin that I have tried which are 4.02, 3.5, 3.0, and dev build 4.0.7788. I like playing it on v3.5, as I get a DRAMATIC speed boost with it compared to 4.02. Any sugestions?
Don't play it with 4.0.2, simple as that! The latest development builds are faster than 4.0.2 (and 3.5) and the heat effect is fixed.
(09-22-2015, 01:17 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Don't play it with 4.0.2, simple as that! The latest development builds are faster than 4.0.2 (and 3.5) and the heat effect is fixed.

I've tried dev build 4.0-7788 and the heat tearing was still there in dragon's roost cavern. I haven't tried the RC builds yet though.
It's fixed in 4.0-7788. Make sure you disable any cheats you may have set up that would try to fix it, they would create the issue if applied to the current versions!
I tried RC27 and a few other dev builds and things still jump around all over the place around me, but it seems a little less now. Im not sure what im doing wrong, or if that is as good as it gets. Codes are turned off.

I could not get any of the dev builds to work with DX in this game, and GL seems to have alot of slowdowns unless i play in lower native rez.

3.5 seems to be the speed champ with this game, I can crank it up to 3x native 4xaa/16xaf in 1080p forced widescreen and it looks excellent, stays consistent 30fps in both GL and DX even in the heaviest battle or scenery areas.. In higher builds I have to tune it down to DX 1x native no aa/16xaf to stay around 30 all of the time, at least with wind waker.
I think you can cause the problem on the dev builds, if you use Dolphin's built-in 16:9 patch. If you want to play the game in 16:9, use the AR code from the wiki, and disable the default one.
(09-22-2015, 03:31 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can cause the problem on the dev builds, if you use Dolphin's built-in 16:9 patch. If you want to play the game in 16:9, use the AR code from the wiki, and disable the default one.

That was it! I unticked widescreen hack and the tearing was gone. Thanks alot!
Good call, mimimi!