Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems Loading HD Custom Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New user, sorry if I'm breaking rules.

I recently downloaded an HD Texture Pack for Super Smash Bros Brawl and placed it in Documents→Dolphin Emulator→Load→Textures, but it's not loading in game. All of my settings are correct (Load Custom Textures checked, all that jazz) and I have the correct version (RSBEO1). I think I know the problem, but have no idea how to fix it.

I recently moved "My Documents" from my main (C:/) SSD to my alternate (F:/) hard drive because I was running out of space on my small 120 GB SSD. Is this why it's having problems loading the textures, and it so how do I fix it?

(Moving My Documents back to my C Drive probably isn't an option)

Thanks!
This should probably have your answer:
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...directory/
Thank you for your help.

I've tried to figure it out for awhile but nothing I did worked. Probably didn't follow the guide correctly or something because I'm pretty inept with really technical stuff.

Anyway, thanks. Hope it helps someone else
The simplest solution would be to create a text document named "portable.txt" into Dolphin's main folder. This should create a "User" folder within the Dolphin folder the next time you load Dolphin. After it's created, then you can copy texture packs to "Dolphin Folder/User/Load/Textures".
RSBEO1 is the wrong ID. It should be 01 with a zero. Also, you should update to the newest development version or 5.0 release candidate - some texture packs don't work on 4.0.2, and the newer versions are better in general.
Yeah I tried that one and it still didn't work. The texture folder is now in F:\Dolphin\User\Load\Textures\RSBE01. Still not loading the texture pack.
Yeah my bad. It is 01, just typed O1 on the forum. Will update to 5.0 now
If you're using this texture pack, you'll need to use 4.0-5234 or higher since there have been some changes to the texture format. As JosJuice has mentioned above, grab the latest development version or RC.
(09-22-2015, 05:41 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]RSBEO1 is the wrong ID. It should be 01 with a zero. Also, you should update to the newest development version or 5.0 release candidate - some texture packs don't work on 4.0.2, and the newer versions are better in general.

(09-22-2015, 06:05 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using this texture pack, you'll need to use 4.0-5234 or higher since there have been some changes to the texture format. As JosJuice has mentioned above, grab the latest development version or RC.

Success! Thanks everyone