Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Profiles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else here think Dolphin could use some profiles? I noticed that, more than any other emulator I have used, I am tinkering around with the settings in Dolphin. For example, I cannot figure out how to get F-Zero GX to work with the OpenGL backend. Then, for Metroid Prime, after you get the Phazon Suit, you have to change some settings to try to fix the X-Ray Visor issue. I thought Dolphin could use profiles because it would be nice to have, say, "Super Mario Sunshine" Profile, or the "Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Gamecube Ver." profile so it would cut down on time spent fiddling around in the menu, looking up solutions for critical problems that hinder gameplay, and just make customizing settings for games all around more convenient.

If there are some, I would like to know how to make them.

Thanks in advance!
This exists already, and it works well as long as you don't open any of the settings windows when a game is running. Dolphin even has built-in profiles for many games, so it will for instance automatically enable EFB2RAM for the Metroid Prime games. Some of these settings can be changed in the first tab of the game properties window, but others need to be set manually in INI files: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

By the way, I recommend updating to the newest development version or 5.0 release candidate of Dolphin. It may help with some of your problems.