Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii - NTSC] Dirt 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Codemasters:
Dirt 2

DiRT 2’s garage houses a best-in-class collection of officially licensed rally cars and off-road vehicles, specifically selected to deliver aggressive and fast paced racing. Covering seven vehicle classes, players will be given the keys to powerful vehicles right from the off. In DiRT 2 the opening drive is the Group N Subaru; essentially making the ultimate car from the original game the starting point in the sequel and the rides just get even more impressive. -NeoSeeker
[Image: 208-9005965SPA72UC584111M.jpg]
Dolphin RVN 4033 Settings
[attachment=1246]

Problems with Game
1.Two errors at start of Dolphin
Unknown device: /dev/usb/hid error
CWII_IPC_HLE_Device Error
Had to use Xpadder to map my keys of my controller prob due to these errors

2. Sound problem when your car crashes. Crash sound gets stuck in a constant loop.
3. DolphinIL.exe works but it makes game have a green tint.
4. If you use the D3D plugin you will get very dark dirt on tracks. Very minor glitch where you can see far out in distance the dirt the light brown but as you get closer it becomes really black. Also your car shadow is now really light. D3D plugin though allows you to see dirt coming off opponents vehicles. (Iceland map goes from ice road on opengl to a mud looking track)
5. FPS varies from map to map. Maps with a lot of background objects have major drops in fps. (Manta map)
6.Save File System(Profile) works as long as you can get your wiimote to move to the enter arrow button. If you set a controller up, you will have to d-pad over to it since the wii-mote mouse seems to run out of room right before you can select it. (Mouse/wiimote cursor is offset)
7. Running 4274 dolphin and D3D plugin works well but plugin is very low quality. That is, a lot more pixelation in cars and background.

Dolphin RVN 4033 Gameplay Video
Dirt 2 on Wii Dolphin RVN 4033

[color=#FF4500]UPDATE[/color]
Almost all maps are 100% fps. Direct x plugin has same shadow problem. Game actually looks really good with high anti aliasing and filtering.
Dolphin RVN 4384 Gameplay Video
[color=#4B0082]Dirt 2 youtube Gameplay Video[/color]

heltonxl

hi, how you create a profille to start the game , i cannot create, post a save game , please , i want very much play this game.
(09-16-2009, 02:29 AM)heltonxl Wrote: [ -> ]hi, how you create a profille to start the game , i cannot create, post a save game , please , i want very much play this game.

You should be able to create your own. Save file system works just fine. If you did like me, you might find it hard to hit the enter key. The mouse prob does not make it over to the bottom right to hit it. You will need to setup d-pad to go and hit it. 4033 save profile feature works.

heltonxl

thanks for the info
methinks, DIRT2 already have at pc!
emulation is not necessary for this game...
HUH? That seemed pretty pointless you even post trapdoor LOL. You decided to dig up a 4 month old thread just to say emulation is not needed?
lol...especially since the games are quite different.
(01-29-2010, 03:24 PM)jedikevin20 Wrote: [ -> ]HUH? That seemed pretty pointless you even post trapdoor LOL. You decided to dig up a 4 month old thread just to say emulation is not needed?

I was looking for good GC or WII games Big Grin
Can you recommend any game? Big Grin