Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: a little question about games answers will be appreciated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

graffhead1

Hello, guys i was just wondering that what games will run good on core 2 due 2.40 ghz 2 gb ram and amd 5450
i know the recommended specs are i5 but the new super mario bros works nicely
so can u guys tell me which other games will work nicely like NSMB

suggestions will be much appreciated
thank you
So let me get this straight; basically you are looking for games with low performance and graphical requirements, correct?

graffhead1

(09-20-2015, 11:45 PM)Red Buzzy Beetle Wrote: [ -> ]So let me get this straight; basically you are looking for games with low performance and graphical requirements, correct?

you are absolutely correct sir
Ok, well in that case I will see what I can find out about low-requirement games.  It might nice to know about some for myself as well.

Ok, so I found this old thread that lists games known to work with specific hardware types. That should hopefully be very helpful for you!

graffhead1

(09-20-2015, 11:57 PM)Red Buzzy Beetle Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, well in that case I will see what I can find out about low-requirement games.  It might nice to know about some for myself as well.  

Ok, so I found this old thread that lists games known to work with specific hardware types.  That should hopefully be very helpful for you!

actually i am doing all this to find out will i be able to play kirby return to dreamland and sonic unleashed ? what do you say will my toaster be able to run them Big Grin
You can run them, but probably not fullspeed all the time. Not running at 100% affects the sound quality, so if that bothers you, it might not be "playable" for you.

It's possible to try underclocking Dolphin's emulated CPU, but that doesn't always result in a speed-up.
As Shonumi said, it might be possible to play those games if the graphics are set to suitably low settings. As also mentioned, however, the audio will likely sound like nails on a chalkboard as a result of >100% emulation speed.* However, you can always just mute the audio during gameplay if necessary.

*I know this because it happens when I play certain games with Dolphin, even though I have a fairly decent PC.