Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does overclocking the CPU with Dolphin decrease input lag at all?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TeeDiddyDizzle

I like to play a lot of Super Smash Bros Melee on Dolphin and I just want to reduce the input lag as much as I possibly can and I was wondering if Dolphin 4.0-7161's integrated CPU overclocker decreases input lag in the slightest. If anyone knows any other tips to decrease input lag that would be greatly appreciated.
Grab the latest build (4.0-77xx), as it has more bug fixes.
The CPU override would be like overclocking the GC/Wii CPU, increasing the strain on your system, probably increasing lag.
Borderless fullscreen should be off to allow for exclusive fullscreen to have full control over the screen, reducing input lag.

TeeDiddyDizzle

(09-19-2015, 09:07 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Grab the latest build (4.0-77xx), as it has more bug fixes.
The CPU override would be like overclocking the GC/Wii CPU, increasing the strain on your system, probably increasing lag.
Borderless fullscreen should be off to allow for exclusive fullscreen to have full control over the screen, reducing input lag.

Thanks for the reply. I use 7161 since it is the main netplay build used at smashladder.com. I already use exclusive fullscreen but thanks for the info on the overclocking I didn't know that.
The only Dolphin option that significantly affects input lag is VSync. For minimum input lag, turn VSync off.
Just another thing. This may or may not even be relevant to you, but if you are using the Smash 4 GC adapter, make sure you have uninstalled vJoy drivers if you had any, and install the drivers using zadig. If you're not using the adapter or you did this from the start, then never mind.