Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting Visual Output Real time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PhC

Dear developpers,

I am currently looking for an efficient way to get access to the visual output of Dolphin in real time. This is for a machine learning project i'm doing on my free time where a neural network would learn to play. For this to work, I would need to output the GUI data in real time in my python console. I'm more knowledgeable about the machine learning part, but not so much redirecting the visual output pipeline.

Let me know if you have an idea of how to do this in an efficient manner (have to be able to play as well).

Cheers!
IMO the easiest way is to enable "RealXFB", so you already have anything in main memory for displaying. You'll loose upscaling, but I doubt that matters for automatic playing Tongue

Alternative, you could use framedumping. It's a huge slowdown right now, but it could be improved to always just fetch the last frame. So it won't stall the GPU for such a long time.

PhC

(09-21-2015, 06:36 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]IMO the easiest way is to enable "RealXFB", so you already have anything in main memory for displaying. You'll loose upscaling, but I doubt that matters for automatic playing Tongue

Alternative, you could use framedumping. It's a huge slowdown right now, but it could be improved to always just fetch the last frame. So it won't stall the GPU for such a long time.

Thanks for the answe!

I've opted for the framedump as it seems easier. I would be interested in being able to use RealXFB thought, but I can't find how to access the visual data subsequently.

Thank you for your time!