Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desktop x Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get a lot of performance in dolphin and in General emulation switching my laptop (i5 4210M and GTX 850M) for a Desktop ( i5 4460, HD 4600, PSU 350W)?

Which GPU I could put up with this 350W PSU? Rolleyes
Quote:I get a lot of performance in dolphin and in General emulation switching my laptop (i5 4210M and GTX 850M) for a Desktop ( i5 4460, HD 4600, PSU 350W)?
No . Since Dolphin is a dual core app , you're just going from 3.1GHz to 3.3GHz
It's an upgrade for PC game though i will not recommend this
If you trade your laptop for a no GPU desktop without gaining anything , i will against this idea . Does your laptop still perform well with Dolphin ? Is that a gaming laptop with dual fans ? And the most important thing : Does your laptop overheat when using Dolphin for like 5 mins or so ?
Quote:Which GPU I could put up with this 350W PSU
Not enough of info . A 80 plus bronze 350W efficiency is totally different from a crappy no brand 50 -> 70% efficiency 350W
Is that a no brand PSU ?
Isn't dual fan, but I've never had any problems with overheating, even after playing for several hours.

The laptop runs "ok" most games I tested at dolphin and pcsx2.

I saw someone commenting that the dolphin has +/-10% gain in CPU quad cores, that's not true?

PSU: www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-seriestm-vs350-350-watt-power-supply
Quote:I saw someone commenting that the dolphin has +/-10% gain in CPU quad cores, that's not true?
That's quite true but you have to sacrifice portability .
If it was a Z97 + i5 4690k build then i would say differently