Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hide Non-Texture Layers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so basically I'm trying to render gameplay animation without menus and avatars and so forth. I dumped all the non-3d character/map textures and made them transparent, then loaded them onto the game using custom textures.

However, it seems that the some things are not in textures, so they show up regardless. This would be fine as I'm not rendering the action selections (the game is turn-based), but there's a small bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when doing a special attack that I can't get rid of. It's meant to display the total amount of damage a move does, and while I've gotten rid of the text, the bar remains.

(see the bottom right)

[Image: tumblr_nuuft50vgs1rpbjwzo1_540.png]

Is there any way to get rid of it?
Find out where the instruction that calls the function to draw the bar is in the game by using a debugger, and then make an action replay or gecko code that replaces it with something that doesn't draw the bar. This isn't something that's at all easy to do, though.
You also have the option of using 3Dmigoto (https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases , and only for the DX11 backend) to hunt the shaders that display the elements you want to disable. It isn't very difficult to do, but once you're done, it will be more inconvenient than cheat codes (having shader files in a folder that can affect other games).

I've modified the aspect ratio of many games with it, and for example disabling HUD elements is easy to do once you learn how to skip/disable shaders. However, I mostly recommend this method if you have 3D Vision.
You could also use our fifo player to record a scene and then potentially disable the HUD stuff by removing those objects when playing the fifo log back.
Thank you for all of your replies. I don't have the DX11 backend, unfortunately, so I can't try 3Dmigoto. I'm completely unfamiliar with making codes, so I'm not too sure if I could make a code that fixes it.

I did try Fifo Player and made a dff file, but I'm lost on how to hide/remove objects. Would anyone mind explaining to me? I'm presuming I'll have to do a lot of guesswork to figure out which object is the total damage bar, but I could manage. Smile
The card in your profile is a D3D11 card, and you're using Windows, so you should have the DX11 backend
Oh, all right then, thank you, I misunderstood. Although, I'm still rather confused about what exactly I'm supposed to do here. The site tells me to unzip and copy the files into the "game executable directory". Do they mean the ISO file?
(09-21-2015, 03:57 AM)lapistier Wrote: [ -> ]The site tells me to unzip and copy the files into the "game executable directory". Do they mean the ISO file?

I suppose you're talking about 3Dmigoto. It means the "exe" file, wich in this case is "Dolphin.exe".

After you place there the "x64" files, run the game in Dolphin. By default, the "d3dx.ini" has the hunting feature enabled ("hunting=1"). You cycle though vertex shaders with numpad 4 and 5, dump them with numpad 6, and the same with pixel shaders with numpad 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Numpad 0 temporarily disables the hunting mode ingame.

For vertex shaders (if possible, use them instead of pixel shaders), putting the output values ("o1, o2, etc") usually works to disable them.
Thanks for the clarification. I put the files in the same folder as the Dolphin.exe file, but whenever I try to run a game, Dolphin crashes?
You can also remove it with an image editing program such as Photoshop.
A quick cleanup.
[Image: tumblr_nuuft50vgs1rpbkyq7r.png]
Pages: 1 2