Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are my settings optimal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all,

I hope this is the right place to place this thread, if not my apologies.
I am playing zelda TP on dolphin (wii version) and notice quite a bit of lag.
My specs are: i7 4720hq @2,6 ghz, nvidia gtx 950m, 8gb ram, windows 10.
I have the graphic settings on open gl, and 1.5 native resolution. At first I played at 2x native resolution, but tuned it down.
At full screen 1.5 native resolution, it says my cpu is about 30-40 percent occupied and my ram at 30 percent.
My fps (in kakakiro village) is 22 and vps 42-75 percent.
I have a feelings these settings could be improved, or is 2.6ghz to low?
Thank you in advance.

Edit some moments it does improve to 27 frames or something like that..
Is "Zelda TP Speed Hack" enabled ? If not , you will need a Haswell CPU @ 4.2GHz or higher
You must enable that option
Quote: is 2.6ghz to low?
Yes . Every i5 / i7 has Turbo Boost feature that help CPU run at higher frequency (3.2GHz for example)
Turbo Boost works automatically as long as CPU doesn't overheat
For more info , read the laptop performance guide
(09-18-2015, 01:30 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Is "Zelda TP Speed Hack" enabled ? If not , you will need a Haswell CPU @ 4.2GHz or higher

Yes . Every i5 / i7 has Turbo Boost feature that help CPU run at higher frequency (3.2GHz for example)

Thank you for the information.
If correct if I can use turbo speed to speed up to 3.6 ghz. So this happens automatically?
Furthermore, how can I enable the Zelda TP speed hack?
(09-18-2015, 01:43 AM)Ashen34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2015, 01:30 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Is "Zelda TP Speed Hack" enabled ? If not , you will need a Haswell CPU @ 4.2GHz or higher

If you right click the game on the dolphin menu, and go to properties, you can find a patches section. Enable that and you're ready to go.
Thank you for the information.
If correct if I can use turbo speed to speed up to 3.6 ghz. So this happens automatically?
Furthermore, how can I enable the Zelda TP speed hack?
If you right click the game on the dolphin menu, and go to properties, you can find a patches section. Enable that and you're ready to go.

I clicked add patch, and typed in Zelda TP Speed Hack, I don't know if that is the way to do it, and I also set my laptop in turbo speed, just like you said in the other thread. Now I can play at 30fps on 2x native resolution.

Thank you for your advice sir and have a nice dayWink
2xIR ? You must be kidding , GTX 950M GDDR5 should be able to handle 3x IR or even 4x
(09-18-2015, 02:42 AM)Ashen34 Wrote: [ -> ]I clicked add patch, and typed in Zelda TP Speed Hack, I don't know if that is the way to do it

No, there's supposed to be a list that contains a checkbox for Hyrule Field Speed Hack. If that patch isn't there, you're either using an old Dolphin version like 4.0.2 or are using the Korean version of the game.
Or old .inis?
Alright, maybe it could go higher, I didn't test that. However now everything is going very slow again. I am using dolphin 4.0 if correct, downloaded it from the official website. Should I download another version? I don't know what is going on, I also have enabled high performance and yesterday everything was going fine.
Also there are no available patches..
Download the newest development version, not 4.0.
Pages: 1 2