Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin returning to default settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

Recently I started using dolphin emulator and I am quite satisfied with it.
However for me there is a huge problem.

Sometimes dolphin just resets its settings, both things like graphic settings, and the game/iso list. The only game I added so far is zelda tp, but it has been deleted twice and in the iso list, it said, add an iso (as if I didn't add any). Of course that is the biggest problem, because if I add it again and start playing again, all of my save files are gone and I have to start over again! This has happend twice now...
I hope you can help, sorry if this tread has been posted before, I didn't find it.
Also I am using windows 10. Does it have to do with the updates? How can I prevent this?
Thanks in advance.
Can you try putting a file called "portable.txt" in your dolphin folder and see if this issue persists?
(09-15-2015, 04:29 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try putting a file called "portable.txt" in your dolphin folder and see if this issue persists?

Where can I find this file?
By the way if I find no solution I willl wait till the next update and inform you guys then.
you create it. just make a blank text file named "portable.txt" and put it in your Dolphin folder.
(09-15-2015, 05:36 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]you create it. just make a blank text file named "portable.txt" and put it in your Dolphin folder.

Thanks it worked! I even got my old file back! Thanks a lot.
Dolphin creates your settings, cache, memcards and stuff in your documents folder by default. It's a possibility that Windows 10 is doing something funny and messing with that.
(09-15-2015, 05:57 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin creates your settings, cache, memcards and stuff in your documents folder by default. It's a possibility that Windows 10 is doing something funny and messing with that.

Maybe, in case other people have the same problem and also have windows 10, changes of windows 10 being the problem are larger. Thank againWink