Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: back to default settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

There are so many settings to improve or make game usable.
Sometime, when trying to improve performance (remove freeze, etc)
some games don't work at all and we don't remember the previous settings.

I try to desinstall/reinstall Dolphin, but settings are not removed ...

Could you provide some buttons called "default settings" in the different settings screens to allow
back to default settings ?

Thanks in advance.
If you want to reset your config, you can delete things in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\. The Config folder contains the general configuration, GameSettings contains game-specific configuration, GC and Wii contain your save data, and SaveStates contains savestates. It might not be as intuitive as having a reset button in the settings, but it's the equivalent of reinstalling the program to reset settings.
thanks for your reply.

I tried to reinstall, but it seems the uninstall.exe doesn't remove the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\ part ....

in addition most of the emulators have this kind of button in the command settings screen ...
(09-15-2015, 12:46 AM)greenaway Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to reinstall, but it seems the uninstall.exe doesn't remove the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\ part ....

I think it's supposed to be like that.

(09-15-2015, 12:46 AM)greenaway Wrote: [ -> ]in addition most of the emulators have this kind of button in the command settings screen ...

Hm, yeah... Maybe it's something to add to Dolphin in the future? No promises, though.
This could be a very good feature in the future. Especially for troubleshooting performance issues on the forums.
OK, thanks to add it in your todo list for the future.
In the meantime I have a workaround by making it portable then it's easy to remove or even store the settings ....