Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: please help for noobs sake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ugg

hi guys i just registered because i'm having some problems and was hoping that someone (with a little more experience) can help me out. i downloaded the latest dolphin the build 3972, bought a wireless sensor buy and remote+nunchuck and it all works fine, but the games go reaaaaaaally slow. Now i'm not an expert but i really don't think that my computer's too crapy, here ar my stats:

intel core 2 duo cpu e6550 @ 2.33GHz 'core speed 2.332 MHz
ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro 'video RAM 512 MB
Windows XP Professional sp 3
RAM 3.072 MB

i also have direct x 9.0c installed.
if anyone can tell me at least the best configurations because i fondle with them 'not knowing what the heck i'm doing' and sometime it seems to go a little bit better and other times just plain old sucks. If someone would be so kind to tell me if it's a problem with my computer or the emulator sucks and i wasted my money on the wiimotes lol or if i need to do something else. I wanted to post a photo of my settings but the limit is 500kb and the png are 1.4 don't know how to resolve that anyways here is a rough sketch of my current config:
basic Settings i only have enable dual core checked.
advanced settings i have HLE the bios checked,Enable the jit dynarec checked, lock threads to cores checked, optimize quantizers NOT checked, and LLE DSP on thread checked.
interface settings i have use panic handlers checked
on the wii tab the IPL settings i only have Use EuRGB60 mode pal6 checked.
on the plugins tab i have: Graphics dolphin OpenGL wich is configured (1360x 768 resolution everything else unchecked on basic and advanced display settings, enhancements: anisotropic filter is 2x ,antialias off ,forcebitrilinear NOT checked and post processing shader off. on the advanced tab i have everything NOT checked and EFB copy on 'Copy EFB to GL texture hack.)
the rest on plugins tab: DSP: DSP-HLE plugin, Pad:KBx360pad, wiimote: wiimote plugin.

well this post took me a REALLY LONG TIME to make because i couldn't post the photos so i hope that someone answeres me and can help lol.
Oh and if anyone can tell me when the next build is going to come out? like do they have a schedule or is it when the team has time?
Wanted to that everyone who works on the emulators for sharing, it's not something that people in this society are used to doing anymore lol and wanted to thank anyone before hand for their help.
Which games are you trying to run?

ugg

i have a wide variety.. from punch out'that doesn't even run' to wii sports, castelvania, zelda, mario galaxy, cookie mamma 2, kungfu panda'which also does not work, anyways a good bunch but either they don't even start up (and the iso is fine because i tried it on my wii sisters wii) or they go at MAX 25-30 fps on gameplay...on the title screens it usually gets a good 50-60 fps
Only game I can vouch for is punch out. That game has been slow for the last 1000 rvns. Someone else might be able to help you on other games. Have you searched the forum for each game? I know there is a big thread on mario galaxy.