Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 2 - importing saves issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aspectmatty

Hi there.

I am fairly new to using Dolphin, however I've been running a few games with no issues. I am wanting to play Resident Evil 2, however I want to play Claire's B Scenario, which requires you to have completed the game on Leon A first.

I have found game saves for the GC version of RE 2 on GameFAQs that I think will allow me to start straight on Claire B. I have been able to import the .gci files into the memory card on Dolphin, where the other game saves are stored (which tells me I'm doing it correctly, I have followed guides) however when i load up Resident Evil 2, there are no saves located on the memory card. The only way for me to check if the game save has worked is to go on Load Game and check the memory card - which shows no saves, however, on one of the saves I've used for example, the description on GameFAQs states you can load the latest save to play as the character Ada from that checkpoint.

The fact that nothing is showing under 'Load Game' in Resident Evil 2 tells me that this hasn't worked. I load up RE2 then press ESC out of the emulator to go into the Mem Card manager and import the save, but it doesn't seem to be found in the game.

I have the USA version of the rom and I'm pretty sure the gci save file is also USA (I do own this game on my gamecube however have no save file for it)

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks in advance.

aspectmatty

Please ignore this thread, i have solved my issue.