Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My laptop is getting poor performance with very low settings and high enough specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BLTea

Hi all,

I've been trying to run Super Smash Bros Melee (SSBM) through my new Lenovo w550 but my game will jump around between 50 and 60 fps, when I need it to stay at 60. I have all the recommended settings from the Dolphin performance guide, and am even running the game at 480 resolution, even though my screen is 1080p. I've run SSBM through Dolphin on my desktop for several months with no problems (performance or otherwise) whatsoever but cannot get it to perform on my laptop. It has not had issues running any other sort of game or program.

Specs:
i7-5500U
NVIDIA K620M 2GB
8 GB SODIMM RAM

EDIT:
Also forgot to mention that I am running Dolphin 4.0-7161

Thanks!
BLTea
Your laptop isn´t enough for Dolphin. You have an Ultra-Low Voltage model which throttles down if it´s overheating.

And desktops are normally faster than laptops (hence the abscence of lag when playing on desktop).

BLTea

(09-05-2015, 10:40 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop isn´t enough for Dolphin. You have an Ultra-Low Voltage model which throttles down if it´s overheating.

And desktops are normally faster than laptops (hence the abscence of lag when playing on desktop).

Hmm, well that's quite unfortunate, is there anything I can do to get around this?
Try to stay in a very cool place to reduce the risk of overheating. Apart from that, I can´t bring any other thing from the top of my head.
Laptop performance guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
Check this out to see if it helps